QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12002 QuickBooks is an accounting and financial tool mostly used by a small and medium-size business. QuickBooks Tool is a tooling tool that we can use to make decisions. QuickBooks is available in both desktop and online versions. Sometimes QuickBooks users face some errors. Below we are going to discuss QuickBooks Error 12002.
QuickBooks has different versions and editions. You need to update QuickBooks features to get more functionality. QuickBooks can be used more by contractors, builders and retailers. One of the common errors encountered by QuickBook users is the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12002. Check all the possible causes and solutions to fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12002.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12002
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12002 QuickBook does not have the ability to use your internet relationship on your PC. The fundamental reason QuickBooks can’t see an Internet affiliation is that applications presented on the PC interfere with the QuickBooks download, for instance, antivirus security authorities, firewalls, and so on.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12002 Similarly the General Internet Association is also due to disappointments. Web Explorer won’t be the default program or the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) checkbox may be cleared in Internet Explorer Options.
You receive one of the following error messages when download payroll or QuickBook updates:
- QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12002
- QuickBooks Error 12007
- QuickBooks Error 12009
- QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12029
- QuickBooks Error 12031
Reasons for QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12002
There are several reasons for the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12002. Here are some reasons to discuss:
- a network timeout that is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server
- not correct SSL settings
- internet security or firewall settings that are hindering the connection
- internet connection issues
- Internet Explorer may not be the default browser in your computer.
How to fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12002
There are many solutions for how to fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12002. Some of the solutions are discussed below:
- Close QuickBooks. and Open Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools and select the Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab and ensure that security setting for this zone is no higher than Medium High, click on the Globe icon (globe icon in the window at the top)
- Select the Content tab and ensure that the button for content advisor says Enable.
- If the button says Disable then clicks the button and type the password and disable content advisor.
- Click on the Connections tab.
- select Never Dial a Connection, If you do not use the dial-up node (DUN) on the system
- make sure that the correct ISP is selected. Click OK, If they use the dial-up node (DUN)
- at the bottom of the tab, Click the LAN SETTINGS button. Ensure that the checkbox for automatically detect settings is checked.
- Check that Use a Proxy Server checkbox is clear.
- document the complete address and port, When there is a checkmark in Use a proxy server
- use a proxy. If the port is port 80 you can uncheck the use a proxy box for testing purposes, If the port is other then port 80, DO NOT UNCHECK
- on the LAN settings screen, Click OK
7. Select the Advanced tab.
- Click the Restore Advanced Settings button.
- scroll to locate the Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 options. (You may not find these options in your Internet Explorer version.) Under Settings,
- make sure that Use TLS 1.0 is checked.
- Make sure Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are not checked.
8. to close the Internet Options window, Click OK
9. Close Internet Explorer and Restart your computer.
10. Now again Open QuickBooks and try to update again.
- Choose Help and click on Internet Connection Setup.
- When this application accesses the Internet, click to select the option to “Use my computer’s internet connection settings” to establish a connection.
- Click on Next, and then select Done.
- Try the update again:
- QuickBooks 2008 and later: Choose Help and click on Update QuickBooks, and then click the Update tab.
- QuickBooks 2006 and earlier: Choose File and click on Update QuickBooks, and then click the Update tab.
- Verify your Internet Connection Setup in QuickBooks with the Support
- on Internet Connection Setup meu selection, You have to Click
- you have to Check that your connection is set to use your computer’s internet connection settings,
- Click Next and Click Done
- Try to perform the update again and check whether the error still persists or not
- Click the Update Now tab.
- Select the Reset Update checkbox
- click on the Get Updates button.
- If the program update still fails:
- You have To test your Internet connection,
- You need to configure your Internet security and personal firewall software,
- Start Microsoft Windows in Safe Mode and try the download again, If the preceding steps did not resolve the issue
Above we have discussed all the solutions to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 12002. We have mentioned four solutions and users need to follow the solutions one by one until the QuickBooks Error 12002 get resolve. If the error does not resolve by following above steps then you need to contact QuickBooks support team