Troubleshooting QuickBooks Printing Problems – [A Complete Guide]
This is one of the most popular accounting software designed by Intuit for small and medium sized businesses. There are lots of advanced features available in QuickBooks. Intuit upgrades this software every year. In this blog, users will learn about a common issue in QuickBooks Printing, which was done in a Windows user. Many users are looking for solutions to QuickBooks printing problems. This blog describes how to determine if there is a QuickBooks printing problem in your windows and provides a solution step for normal printing problems. If you have any questions then you can contact our QuickBooks error support team.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Printing Problems
Before making any steps, make sure that your QuickBooks has been updated to the latest release and check whether your computer is connected to a printer or not.
Print Outside QuickBooks is possible or not?
- Switch off the printer, restart your computer, and then switch on the printer again.
- Make sure the printer paper is loaded correctly.
- Click the Windows Start button, Select Control Panel, and double-click Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click the printer and select Use Printer Online(If the printer is showing Offline)
- Double-click the printer and select Printer > Cancel All Documents.
- Now, Close the window.
- Right-click the printer, Select Properties, and click Print Test Page.
- If the test page prints,then test the printer using WordPad:
- Click Start>Run.
- Enter WordPad and click OK.
- Enter some text in WordPad and choose File > Print.
- Select the right printer and click Print.
- Make sure that there are no error lights displayes on the printer.
- Mention for one of the printer manufacturer’s documents:
- The printer displays error signal.
- Won’t print the test page.
- Doesn’t print from WordPad.
Related articles: How to troubleshoot QuickBooks printing problems
- Rename the QuickBooks Qbprint.qbp file and try again to print.
- If you are not able to print then try to print the individual file of the same format or similar file to find the problem with your file itself or the software. Try printing now, if you are successful in printing, the previous file gets damaged.
- Now, try to convert batch printing into single printing, it takes longer but your error is solved.
- Make sure your printer driver is the latest version.
Related Blog: Troubleshooting QuickBooks Enterprise Software Problems
Check Printer Detail of Printer Setup in QuickBooks Desktop
Firstly verify that the default printer setup is selected or not:
- Choose File> Printer Setup( From menu bar in QuickBooks Desktop)
- Verify and Select the right printer for each particular Form Name.
Check the name of the printer on the hardware and check it match the driver info in printer setup window or not?
Verify that the precise name of the printer hardware is listed in Setup:
- Choose File > Printer Setup
- Now, Verify printer name. If incorrect, Correct the setup within your computer’s Printer Setup first.
Is the Printer on a Network or local?
Network, validate network settings are setup correctly.
Local, the problem may be on your computer. Validate there is a connection between the printer and computer.
Do you have another driver installed in the computer?
- Use one of the different drivers to try to print
- If you need help learning about using another driver, contact the printer manufacturer support team or you can dial our QuickBooks support team.
Learn more about troubleshoot printing problems.
Types of Printing Issues
- QuickBooks EnterpriseUnable to print.
- Unable to print QuickBooks Invoice or checks.
- QuickBooks 1099 form printing problems
- QB printing problems Checks
- Printing problems in MAC.
If your issues persist, you should call our QuickBooks Help Number +1-888-570-6939. We are always ready to resolve issues or problems of users or feel free and call us to get immediate solutions.